How are you today? Today I am going to share some blog post ideas that are suitable for lifestyle bloggers.
Trying to think of something to write is a challenging process. You sit down at your desk, because you’ve scheduled a writing session, but nothing comes into your head. As bloggers, writer’s block is pretty much unavoidable. It affects all of us at some point. It’s definitely happened to me on a few occasions, especially during the last year when I’ve been really busy with my dissertation and applying to jobs and haven’t had much time to blog.
A way to overcome writer’s block is to read other people’s blogs for inspiration. Several blogs have a post dedicated to ideas for what to write about, and I have included one of my own. I hope these are useful for when you find yourself in a bit of a blogging slump!
1. Playlists – I love playlists. They are a great way of finding new music. Why not share a list of your favourite songs?
2. Throwback Thursday – This is basically a post dedicated to something that happened in the past, such as a holiday, or an event, or even a band you loved as a kid.
3. OOTD – A.K.A. ‘Outfit Of The Day’. Simply upload a photo of the outfit you’re wearing and include a little info about where you bought your clothes from.
4. Reviews – This could be for a favourite beauty product, a book, a film, etc. Make sure they are honest and don’t just ramble.
5. 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me – This type of post is great for creating a connection with your readers as it enables them to find out more about you.
6. What I Love About My Home City – I recently did a post called ‘What I Love About London‘, which is the city I grew up in (and live in now).
7. Recipes – Made something delicious recently? Write a post about it!
8. Haul – A haul is basically a shopping spree whereby you share the products you bought on your blog (or vlog). Beauty Hauls tend to go down well.
9. Wishlists – Ideal for Christmas and will mean that you don’t actually have to go out and buy anything.
10. Gift Guides – These are also popular around Christmas, when people need inspiration for presents to get for their loved ones.
11. Bucket List – What are the top 5 countries you want to visit?
12. Favourite Blogs – Are there any blogs you really enjoy reading? Why not share them on your own blog?
13. Photo Diaries – If you don’t feel like writing, why not upload photos from a recent event or holiday instead?
14. Advice – Examples include ways to save money at uni, how to cope with a mental illness, or changing schools.
15. Tags / Award – For example, The Liebster Award or The Netflix Tag. These are particularly good for newer bloggers, who are just starting out.
16. Host a Giveaway – A great way to boost traffic to your blog is to host a giveaway. Most bloggers use Rafflecopter for this.
17. Tutorial or How-to – Are you super talented at something like photography? Share your top tips in a blog post.
18. Guest Post – If you’re really struggling with post ideas, you could always get another blogger to write something for your blog?
What ideas would you add to this list?