In today’s post I’ll be sharing the books I’m planning to read this year. I know I should’ve posted this at the beginning of January, but I’ve been so busy the last few weeks!
In 2019, I read 31 books, surpassing my goal by 1 book. In 2020, I am planning to read 40 books. I have so many books on my TBR list and want to read as many as I can this year. As with the previous few years, I have signed up to the Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge. What I love about the Goodreads Reading Challenge is that you can choose how many books you want to read in a given year, and it doesn’t matter if you want to read just 1 book or 100 books (or even more if you’re that much of a bookworm!). The challenge also encourages you to read more and you can use the Goodreads website to discover new books and connect with other bookworms and authors.
So far this year I have managed to read 3 books – You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me (Sarra Manning), Great (Sara Benincasa) and Destined (P.C. Cast). It’s a couple of books less than what I was expecting to read in January, especially considering I had quite a few days off work (although I had to spend them socialising and attending appointments / doing admin-y things instead of relaxing!)…but it’s a start, and hopefully I’ll be more organised this month! Nevertheless, if I continue to read 3 or 4 books each month I’ll easily achieve my Goodreads 2020 Reading Challenge.
One of my goals is to read any books I didn’t get the chance to read in 2019, as well as any books that are being (or have been) adapted onto the screen. I also want to read more books by Sarah Dessen, one of my favourite authors, and finish the House of Night series – I started the series around a decade ago and stopped reading them after the 8th book.
Here are the books I’m planning to read in 2020:
You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me– Sarra Manning Great– Sara Benincasa Destined– P.C. Cast Hidden– P.C. Cast The Joy Luck Club– Amy Tan Love & Luck– Jenna Evans Welch One of Us Is Lying– Karen M. McManus
- Still Star-Crossed – Melinda Taub
Emma– Jane Austen Read Me Like A Book– Liz Kessler
- Bliss – Michaela Blaney and Shay Mitchell
- Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen – Serena Valentino
- Indiscretion (Andalucian Nights #1) – Hannah Fielding
- The Paris Secret – Karen Swan
- The Paper Magician – Charlie N. Holmberg
TV / Film
Saving Zoe– Alyson Noël Normal People– Sally Rooney
- The Prom: A Novel Based on the Hit Broadway Musical – Saundra Mitchell with Bob Martin, Chad Beguelin and Matthew Sklar
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight– Jennifer E. Smith
- Dreamland – Sarah Dessen
- What Happened to Goodbye – Sarah Dessen
- Keeping the Moon – Sarah Dessen
- The Moon and More – Sarah Dessen
House of Night
- Teach Me – Amy Lynn Steele
- Finding Cinderella – Colleen Hoover
- Lessons in Love – Clarissa Carlyle
- Beautiful Disaster – Jamie McGuire
- Unteachable – Leah Raeder
- Hopeless – Colleen Hoover
- Losing Hope – Colleen Hoover
- The Confession – Jessie Burton
- Regretting You – Colleen Hoover
- Reputation – Sara Shepard
- No Judgments – Meg Cabot
- How to Be Happy – Eva Woods
- Fairytale – Danielle Steel
- Bone China – Laura Purcell
- All the Rage – Courtney Summers
Are you doing the Goodreads Reading Challenge this year? How many books are you planning on reading? Have you read any of the books on my list?