It’s time for my monthly film recommendations and watchlist post! I’ve managed to see quite a few films this month, including some that I’ve been meaning to watch for aaaages, as well as a couple that have only recently been released. So here are my thoughts of the best films I watched in March:
1. The Runaways
Although I don’t really know much about Joan Jett or her first band, I wanted to watch The Runaways since I love Kirsten Stewart and Dakota Fanning. The Runaways is a decent film, with a great soundtrack and superb acting from Stewart and Fanning.
2. Sister Act
This film is hilarious and the songs are SO catchy! Woopi Goldberg has an amazing voice! Admittedly the storyline is a little silly, but the humour and acting make up for it!
3. My Girl
Wow, this film is so heartbreaking! I cried so so so much at the end – how could the directors do that?! Aren’t Anna Chlumsky and Macaulay Culkin just the cutest?!
4. Beauty and the Beast
You need to see this asap if you haven’t already. It’s seriously one of the best films I have seen recently and I would’ve seen it again if it didn’t cost £15 to go to the cinema (seriously ridic)! I loved everything about the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast – Emma Watson as Belle, the costumes, the setting, the songs, and the connection between Belle and the Beast.
Other films I saw this month include A Street Cat Named Bob, The Other Boleyn Girl, Violet & Daisy, Remember Me, Ginger and Rosa, Honey and The Death and Life of Charlie St Cloud. Safe to say that I shed a lot of tears during my last few movie nights!
So here are the films I want to watch in April:
1. The Space Between Us (I just love Britt Robertson and Asa Butterfield.)
2. The Lovely Bones (read the book a few years ago but still haven’t seen the film!)
3. Romeo & Juliet (One of my local charity shops was selling DVDs at 5 for £1 so I couldn’t not pick up Romeo & Juliet! This is actually the 2013 one with Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth. I know it’s not supposed to be as good as the Leo DiCap one, but I love Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth so I’ll give it a chance.)
4. The Princess Bride (how have I never seen this?!)
5. 10 Things I Hate About You (one of my fave films of all time – I bought it on a whim while I was shopping last week.)
6. Matilda (read an article about movies that are being added to Netflix in April and this was on the list – MUCH EXCITE.)
I still haven’t seen Hidden Figures, Silver Linings Playbook, Wild and The Last Five Years so I’ll try to watch them this month!
Are there any films you want to see? Have you seen Beauty and the Beast yet? If so, what did you think?