It’s been so long since I last posted a playlist on my blog, but I thought I’d reintroduce this series as I miss sharing my favourite songs with you guys. The only difference is that this time, I won’t only be posting playlists on Tuesdays. This month’s playlist features a whole range of songs, new and old.
- Loyal To Me – Nina Nesbitt
- The Way – Ariana Grande ft Mac Miller
- My Favorite Part – Mac Miller ft Ariana Grande
- Side Effects – The Chainsmokers ft Emily Warren
- Happier – Marshmello ft Bastille
- Sad in the Summer – Savannah Outen
- Honestly – Gabbie Hanna
- Fall In Line – Christina Aguilera ft Demi Lovato
- Solo – Clean Bandit ft Demi Lovato
- Instruction – Jax Jones ft Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don
- successful – Ariana Grande
- breathin – Ariana Grande
- everytime – Ariana Grande
- no tears left to cry – Ariana Grande
- God is a woman – Ariana Grande
- R.E.M – Ariana Grande
- You Say – Sarah Close
- Crazy Kind – Sarah Close
- Dirt – Emma Blackery
- Icarus – Emma Blackery
- Take Me Out – Emma Blackery
- Third Eye – Emma Blackery
- What I Felt With You – Emma Blackery
- My My My! – Troye Sivan
- Bloom – Troye Sivan
- Postcard – Troye Sivan ft Gordi
- Dance To This – Troye Sivan ft Ariana Grande
- Plum – Troye Sivan
- What a Heavenly Way to Die – Troye Sivan
- Lucky Strike – Troye Sivan
- I’m A Mess – Bebe Rexha
- Dysfunctional – Parker ft Lisa Cimorelli
- Unloved – Lisa Cimorelli
- I Don’t Exist – Olivia O’Brien
- FOOL – Alyson Stoner
- Money – BLYE
- Here Comes The Change – Kesha
- Head Above Water – Avril Lavigne
- Shallow – Lady Gaga
- What I Need – Hayley Kiyoko ft Kehlani
- Honey – Kehlani
- Never Alone – Tori Kelly ft Kirk Franklin
- Youngblood – 5 Seconds Of Summer
- There’s No Way – Lauv ft Julia Michaels
- Big Mistake – Alex Aiono
Phew, that is a long playlist! I’d usually include 20-30 songs, but since I didn’t do a playlist in August, I wanted to share some of the new songs I discovered last month too. At the end of summer, YouTuber Gabbie Hanna released her third song Honestly and it is SO FREAKING AMAZING. I can’t get it out of my head! Gabbie recently announced that she is going to be releasing an album called This Time Next Year and I seriously can’t wait. I know a lot of people are criticising Gabbie because she’s a YouTuber and some of her live performances haven’t been that great, but honestly Gabbie has a great voice and so much potential.
On the subject of YouTube, singer Lisa Cimorelli, who makes up one sixth of the group Cimorelli, released two new songs in September: Dysfunctional and Unloved. Dysfunctional is a collaboration with Parker and it is so catchy. Unloved is Lisa’s first completely solo song and it is such a beautiful song. It focuses on a bad moment in Lisa’s past and shows how far she has come. Lisa is such an inspiration and the perfect role model.
Emma Blackery and Troye Sivan are two other YouTubers who released new music recently (are you seeing a pattern here?). Dirt, Icarus, Take Me Out, Third Eye and What I Felt With You are my favourite songs from Emma’s album Villains, while My My My, Bloom, Postcards, Dance To This, Plum, What a Heavenly Way to Die and Lucky Strike are my top songs from Troye’s album Bloom. While I do miss Emma Blackery’s pop punk era, Villains is a fantastic debut album and I love how Emma remains as sassy as ever.
On a sadder note, the rapper Mac Miller passed away at the beginning of September, shaking the music industry. I’d never really listened to his music, but I love the two songs he did with Ariana Grande (The Way and My Favorite Part) so I had to include them in this month’s playlist. I’ve also included my favourite songs from Ariana’s latest album Sweetener. I’d say that breathin, no tears left to cry and God is a woman are the holy trinity of Sweetener for me.
Avril’s first song in 5 years was unleashed to the world earlier this month and it is INCREDIBLE. Head Above Water is an emotional ballad which reflects upon Avril’s battle with Lyme disease, and you can truly tell how difficult that moment of her life was. I was kinda worried that people wouldn’t appreciate Head Above Water, but the fact that it was number 1 on iTunes for several days in a row and got over 2 million views on YouTube within the first couple of days just shows how relevant Avril still is.
Kesha also returned to music this month with Here Comes The Change. It is featured in the soundtrack for the upcoming movie On the Basis of Sex, and is an uplifting song about equality.
Lady Gaga marked the start of her return with Shallow, an emotional duet with Bradley Cooper. Shallow appears in A Star Is Born, which will be released at the beginning of October. I have no doubt that the other songs on the soundtrack will be amazing too.
So that’s what I’ve been listening to this month! What songs have you been listening to recently? What do you think of Troye, Ariana and Emma Blackery’s new albums?