In 2019 I will be embarking on my fifth Goodreads challenge! Those of you who have followed my reading progress will know that last year I only managed to read 40 out of 50 books, so I’ve decided to lower the number of books I plan to read this year to 30. As with 2018, I want to read a mixture of YA, romance fantasy and historical novels. Below is a list of the books I want to read in 2019:
I Was Here– Gayle Forman Life After Life– Kate Atkinson – The first huge book I plan to read this year, at around 600 pages. Two Can Keep a Secret– Karen M. McManus – As a PLL fan, it makes sense that I’d want to read a book that features part of the theme song in its title right?! The Goldfinch– Donna Tartt – At over 700 pages, The Goldfinch is a really really long book, but it’s being turned into a film later this year that stars one of my favourite actors Ansel Elgort so I HAVE to read the book!!! Love, Nina– Nina Stibbe Falling Leaves– Adeline Yen Mah
- Destined – P.C. Cast – It’s been AGES since I last read a book in the House of Night series, so I can’t quite remember what happened, but hopefully I’ll still enjoy Destined.
Still Me– Jojo Moyes Belgravia– Julian Fellowes
- The Joy Luck Club – Amy Tan
- Chain Reaction – Simone Elkeles
- Still Star-Crossed – Melinda Taub – Can’t go wrong with a retelling of Romeo & Juliet!
Conversion– Katherine Howe
- Beautiful Creatures – Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – This has been sitting in my Kindle library for YEARS and I don’t know why I never got round to reading it!
- Great – Sara Benincasa
- Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell – Quite a hefty book but I’ve put it off for so long so I’m determined to read it this year!
P.S. I Still Love You– Jenny Han Always & Forever, Lara Jean– Jenny Han Some Kind of Wonderful– Giovanna Fletcher
- Harry Potter – J.K. Rowling – Can you believe I’ve never read Harry Potter before?!
- How to Be Famous – Caitlin Moran – Caitlin Moran has got to be one of my fave Brits! She’s utterly hilarious! I loved How to Build a Girl and How to Be a Woman so I can’t wait to read How To Be Famous!
- The Toymakers – Robert Dinsdale – If I’m being honest, I only bought this book as it was on offer in Waterstones, but it’s been compared to The Night Circus and The Miniaturist so I’m bound to enjoy it.
- Fortune – Megan Cole – This has been sitting in my Kindle library for years!
- Kitty Peck and the Music Hall Murders – Kate Griffin
- Love & Luck – Jenna Evans Welch
- Caraval #2: Legendary – Stephanie Garber
- Caraval #3: Finale – Stephanie Garber
- You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me – Sarra Manning
- Lessons In Love – Clarissa Carlyle
- Beautiful Disaster – Jamie McGuire
And if I manage to finish all those books, I’ve added some extra ones:
- Bliss – Shay Mitchell
- Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen – Serena Valentino
- The Paper Magician – Charlie N. Holmberg
- Emma – Jane Austen
- My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories – Various
- Read Me Like a Book – Liz Kessler
- Indiscretion (Andalucian Nights #1) – Hannah Fielding
- The Paris Secret – Karen Swan
What books are you planning to read this year? Are you taking part in the Goodreads challenge?