In 2019 I will be embarking on my fifth Goodreads challenge! Those of you who have followed my reading progress will know that last year I only managed to read 40 out of 50 books, so I’ve decided to lower the number of books I plan to read this year to 30. As with 2018, I want to read a mixture of YA, romance fantasy and historical novels. Below is a list of the books I want to read in 2019:
I Was Here– Gayle Forman Life After Life– Kate Atkinson – The first huge book I plan to read this year, at around 600 pages. Two Can Keep a Secret– Karen M. McManus – As a PLL fan, it makes sense that I’d want to read a book that features part of the theme song in its title right?! The Goldfinch– Donna Tartt – At over 700 pages, The Goldfinch is a really really long book, but it’s being turned into a film later this year that stars one of my favourite actors Ansel Elgort so I HAVE to read the book!!! Love, Nina– Nina Stibbe Falling Leaves– Adeline Yen Mah
- Destined – P.C. Cast – It’s been AGES since I last read a book in the House of Night series, so I can’t quite remember what happened, but hopefully I’ll still enjoy Destined.
Still Me– Jojo Moyes Belgravia– Julian Fellowes
- The Joy Luck Club – Amy Tan
- Chain Reaction – Simone Elkeles
- Still Star-Crossed – Melinda Taub – Can’t go wrong with a retelling of Romeo & Juliet!
Conversion– Katherine Howe
- Beautiful Creatures – Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – This has been sitting in my Kindle library for YEARS and I don’t know why I never got round to reading it!
- Great – Sara Benincasa
- American Royals – Katharine McGee
P.S. I Still Love You– Jenny Han Always & Forever, Lara Jean– Jenny Han Some Kind of Wonderful– Giovanna Fletcher Harry Potter– J.K. Rowling – Can you believe I’ve never read Harry Potter before?! How to Be Famous– Caitlin Moran – Caitlin Moran has got to be one of my fave Brits! She’s utterly hilarious! I loved How to Build a Girl and How to Be a Woman so I can’t wait to read How To Be Famous! The Toymakers– Robert Dinsdale – If I’m being honest, I only bought this book as it was on offer in Waterstones, but it’s been compared to The Night Circus and The Miniaturist so I’m bound to enjoy it. Fortune– Megan Cole – This has been sitting in my Kindle library for years! Sweetbitter– Stephanie Danler – Have to read before I start the TV series!
- Love & Luck – Jenna Evans Welch
- With the Fire on High – Elizabeth Acevedo
- One of Us Is Lying – Karen M. McManus
- You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me – Sarra Manning
The Rest of the Story– Sarah Dessen – Can’t say no to a book by the queen of YA Sarah Dessen! Five Feet Apart– Rachel Lippincott – Need to read before I watch the film!
And if I manage to finish all those books, I’ve added some extra ones:
- Bliss – Shay Mitchell
- Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen – Serena Valentino
- The Paper Magician – Charlie N. Holmberg
- Emma – Jane Austen
- My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories – Various
- Read Me Like a Book – Liz Kessler
- Indiscretion (Andalucian Nights #1) – Hannah Fielding
- The Paris Secret – Karen Swan
What books are you planning to read this year? Are you taking part in the Goodreads challenge?