I don’t know about you, but I love it when my favourite singers / bands join together to produce a song. They create tunes so catchy that I will still listen to them several years later! My favourite collaborations, or duets, tend to be in the Pop genre, but I also love a number of RnB, Dance, Musical and Rock collaborations. I won’t include any Musical collabs in this post as I wrote about musicals last week. So here are my absolute favourite collaborations:
1. Dilemma – Nelly & Kelly Rowland
I have been in love with this song since forever! It is so catchy and I just can’t get enough of it!
2. No Air – Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown
Jordin Sparks is incredible! Where has she been hiding recently?!
3. Love the Way You Lie – Eminem & Rihanna
One of Rihanna’s best songs!
4. Empire State of Mind – Jay Z & Alicia Keys
5. American Boy – Estelle & Kanye West
Such an addictive song!
6. Crazy in Love – Beyoncé & Jay Z
This is a classic! Love Beyoncé’s earlier songs!
7. Numb / Encore – Linkin Park & Jay Z
8. Hate That I Love You – Rihanna & Ne-Yo
9. Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira & Wyclef Jean
Whenever I hear this song I want to get up and dance!
10. Titanium – David Guetta & Sia
I think this was the first time I heard Sia in a song but I didn’t really notice her music until 4/5 years later.
11. Beautiful Liar – Beyoncé & Shakira
This was released 7 years ago! :O
12. Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya & Pink
Love love LOVE this version of Lady Marmalade!
13. Stuck With Each Other – Shontelle & Akon
14. Can’t Hold Us Down – Lil’ Kim & Christina Aguilera
15. Stay the Night – Zedd & Hayley Williams
Anything with Hayley Williams is a definite yes from me!
16. Airplanes – B.O.B & Hayley Williams
17. Price Tag – Jessie J & B.O.B
18. Apologize – OneRepublic & Timbaland
19. Clarity – Zedd & Foxes
Foxes is so underrated!
20. Rather Be – Clean Bandit & Jess Glyne
This is another song that I can listen to over and over again. It was released two years ago, and I have played it at least 100 times since!
21. Irresistible – Demi Lovato & Fall Out Boy
Demi Lovato is one of my favourite singers, and I love Fall Out Boy too! I’m listening to ‘Irresistible’ while writing this post actually!
22. We Are Young – Fun & Janelle Monae
I’m sure everyone loves this collab!
Of course there are plenty more, but those are all the main ones! What are your favourite collaborations?