As Beyoncé sang back in 2011 (was it really that long ago?!), “who run the world? Girls!” A lot of men seem to think that they’re the more powerful sex, but really, let’s be honest here, where would they be without us?!
Beyoncé isn’t the only singer who thinks this – I’ve managed to 25 other songs that ooze with girl power and show that women really do run the world! They’re all about embracing your flaws and not being afraid to voice your opinions. So if you’re ever feeling down and like you’re not good enough, stick on these tunes, and I’ll guarantee you’ll be feeling confident and ready to conquer the world in no time!
1. Independent Women – Destiny’s Child
How could I not include this song on this list?! It’s about being independent and not relying on men.
2. Survivor – Destiny’s Child
This is another catchy tune about being happy after a break-up.
3. Girl – Destiny’s Child
4. Run the World (Girls) – Beyoncé
In a time when someone like Donald Trump is President of the US, this is a song all girls should be listening to.
5. Firework – Katy Perry
6. Beautiful – Christina Aguilera
This is the ultimate confidence-boosting song. It’s all about feeling good in your own skin and not letting other people’s opinions bring you down.
7. Fighter – Christina Aguilera
8. Can’t Hold Us Down – Christina Aguilera & Lil’ Kim
When I first decided to do this post, ‘Can’t Hold Us Down’ was the first song I had in mind. I can’t believe I almost forgot to include it. Just listen to the lyrics – “So what do we do girls, shout out loud
Lettin ’em know were gonna stand our ground”.
9. Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
10. Really Don’t Care – Demi Lovato & Cher Lloyd
11. Confident – Demi Lovato
I love this song! Demi is so fierce and not afraid to speak what’s on her mind.
12. Let It Go – Idina Menzel / Demi Lovato
Okay, so it’s a Disney song, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be empowering! ‘Let It Go’ is all about not holding back.
13. Defying Gravity – Idina Menzel & Kristin Chenoweth
14. Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) – Kelly Clarkson
15. Perfect – Pink
In ‘Perfect’, Pink is suggesting that everyone is perfect the way they are and you don’t need to try to impress anyone else.
16. Fight Song – Rachel Platten
17. Who Says – Selena Gomez
18. Unpretty – TLC
19. No Scrubs – TLC
This is such a throwback! It’s the perfect song to listen to around Valentine’s Day, especially if you’re single and have just gone through a breakup.
20. Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeld
21. What the Hell – Avril Lavinge
22. Born This Way – Lady Gaga
Seriously, who cares if you’re different to everyone else, you’re a superstar the way you are!
23. Bad Reputation – Joan Jett
24. Perfect – Emma Blackery
25. Girl On Fire – Alicia Keys
This song featured on Michelle Obama’s ‘Girl Power’ Playlist for her Day of the Girl and it’s not surprising; it’s all about how powerful women are.
26. Bad Blood – Taylor Swift
How could I not include this?!
Are there any songs you’d add to this list? Let me know!