Hope you all had a fantastic Easter and ate all the chocolate you deserve! I recently came across a list of ‘Unpopular Opinions’ on Absolutely Aliyah and I thought I’d share my own opinions that most people probably wouldn’t agree with. I’ve tried to include ones that aren’t too controversial!
- Nickelback are actually good. ‘How You Remind Me’ is one of my favourite songs of all time.
- Nutella is gross. Biscoff and white choc spread FTW.
- Oh, and peanut butter isn’t particularly appetising either. I’m not really keen on nuts. Which is funny ‘cos I LOVE satay sauce, marzipan and Ferrero Rocher.
- I really don’t get why artists like Bob Dylan and The Beatles were (and strangely still are) so popular. I mean, their vocals are so mediocre compared to Bruno Mars and Michael Jackson etc.
- Reality shows are so overrated. Having said that, I did love The X Factor circa-2006, and cooking shows like GBBO are brill, plus The Hills is amazeballs. The rest are just SO BORING. I can’t stand Big Brother and I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. Since I’m a fan of The Hills I probably would like Keeping Up With the Kardashians, but I refuse to give it a chance. I’ll probably become addicted and we can’t have that, not when there are more important things to watch, i.e. Pretty Little Liars and Riverdale.
- Kylie Cosmetics, Kat Von D and Jeffree Stars are so overrated. I’d never buy something just because it has a celeb’s name on it.
- Comment swaps aren’t the same as buying followers and bots. Ok, I totally get why some bloggers aren’t keen on them, but I think the ones on Twitter (like #BloggersPromoHour and #TeacupClub) are fine. You only have to comment on the blogs you enjoyed reading, and it’s a great way to discover new blogs.
- I’d pick a night out in a club over a few drinks in a pub any day. Call me weird, but I’m not much of a drinker, I’m really quiet, and I love dancing. Unfortunately, I don’t really get to go clubbing as often as I’d like, but I guess that’s good for my bank balance…
- I don’t get the appeal of (most) tattoos. Especially ones on the face, neck and legs. Sorry not sorry.
- JLaw is hilarious AF. She was awesome in The Hunger Games.
- Emma Watson is amazing too.
- ‘Let It Go’ is one of the best Disney songs.
- Beards are not attractive. At all.
- Lifetime / TV movies aren’t that bad. I love films like Odd Girl Out, Cyberbully and Augusta, Gone.
- Contrary to this article, Mean Girls isn’t the best teen movie of the early ’00s. Don’t get me wrong, I do think Mean Girls is totally fetch (soz), but I’d rate 10 Things I Hate About You, Clueless, Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging and A Cinderella Story higher. Wild Child, Freaky Friday, 13 Going On 30, She’s the Man, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, The Edge of Seventeen, The Princess Diaries and The DUFF follow closely behind.
- Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande and Lea Michele don’t need auto tune. They use so much and it’s unnecessary.
- ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ is the best Christmas song, hands down.
- ‘Fairytale Of New York’ sucks. I always turn it off when it plays on the radio around Christmas time.
- Mustard is vile.
- Onions ruin meals. I always have to pick them out. Funny thing is I love onion rings and caramelised onions.
- Pineapple and ham pizza is the best.
- Cats are adorable. It makes me cry when people don’t agree. How can you not like the little purring floofballs?!
- The word ‘moist’ needs to be banned. Now.
- White chocolate is better than milk chocolate. Gimme all the Magnum white and Milkybar.
What would you add to this list? Are there any unpopular opinions on this list you’d agree with? Feel free to share them in the comments!