As Christmas is only a month away, I thought I’d share the candles I’ve been lusting over from Yankee Candles and Bath & Body Works.
I’ll be honest, I’ve never really been that into candles. As a student, I wasn’t allowed candles in my accommodation at uni, and we never really have any at home. However, I keep seeing candles from Yankee Candles and Bath and Body Works mentioned in other blogs, and the scents look so irresistible. When I visited my local shopping centre a few weeks ago, I noticed that a new Yankee Candles shop had opened. Naturally, I had to go in to see what all the fuss is about. Oh my God, the candles smell as amazing as they look! I love all the Christmassy scents!
Also, how pretty are the jars?! I love the colours and themed pics on the labels.
1. Spiced Orange – bright, cheery blend of sunny citrus and snappy ginger
3. Cinnamon Stick – fragrant mystery of imported cinnamon bundled with cloves
4. Cosy by the Fire – a warm mix of ginger, clove, and orange combines with woody notes to give the snap of a crackling fire and the comfort of a hot and aromatic drink beside it
5. Festive Cocktail – a tart concoction spiked with mountain berries and a sprig of fresh-spinned pine
6. Pain au Raisin – the tantalizing aroma of cognac soaked raisins baked in a buttery vanilla dough and sprinkled with cinnamon7. Sugared Apple – a perfect recipe of juicy apples sprinkled with sugar and vanilla
8. Vanilla Cupcake – the rich, creamy aroma of vanilla cupcakes with hints of lemon and lots of buttery icing
You can buy Yankee Candles directly from the website or from a range of other stores, including Tesco
. Online shop Yankee Doodle
has a huge range of Yankee candles, some of which are usually only found in America. I just love the names of these candles – they
remind me of Christmas and snuggling up by the fire. I also like the mix of sweet and spicy scents – I love anything cinnamon, vanilla or apple flavoured. Browsing the Yankee Candle
website is really making me crave pain au raisins and vanilla cupcakes! I haven’t had either for sooo long!
Bath & Body Works
1. Sweater Weather – Fresh Sage, Juniper Berry, Aromatic Eucalyptus, Fresh Woods
2. Salted Caramel – Salted Caramel, Roasted Chestnut, Caramelized Sugar, Dark Molasses
Unfortunately, there isn’t a Bath & Body Works shop in the UK, but you can buy their products from eBay
and Bath and Body Shop
. Like Yankee Candles, Bath & Body Works has a fantastic range of candles that are perfect for winter and Christmas. Some of these are listed above. You could also try Marshmallow Fireside
, Spiced Gingerbread
I can’t believe I don’t have any of these candles already! Please tell me I’m not the only one! But if you have bought any candles from Yankee Candles or Bath & Body Works, let me know which ones are your faves!